Facebook And Twitter Buttons

Follow EmpireOfAnfield on Twitter

Click here for a free £25 sports bet

Thursday 3 February 2011

Carroll Feels At Home

Andy Carroll claims Liverpool already feels like home, after only being here since his move on Transfer Deadline Day on Wednesday.

He told his introductory press conference at Anfield this morning that he has been overwhelmed by the welcome given to him by our supporters, saying "Yes, it was a fantastic reception. The fans have been great with us. When I signed on Monday, that was great as well. There were a 100 fans outside Melwood waiting for me to turn up".

"It's been fantastic coming down here and having the welcome I've had. It feels really like home now. I know it's only been three days but the welcome I've had from everyone, where I'm staying and at the training ground, it's just been great".

"Obviously now the ambition is to win stuff and go places. Everyone believes we can do that".

Carroll is officially the most expensive british player in history, costing £35,000,000, but the man himself insists he is not daunted by the fee, or by the fact he has inherited the shirt worn by Ian Rush, Robbie Fowler, and Fernando Torres.

He continued "It was a lot of money but I'm sure I can do what I need to do to prove the money was worth it, I'm here to score goals and create chances for the team, and that's what I can do".

"Time will tell. I scored goals at Newcastle and that's what I want to do - we'll just have to wait and see.

"Obviously Torres was a great player but I need to concentrate on my own game and play my football."

He was then asked about his feeling towards Newcastle.

He replied "I've got massive respect for Newcastle. It's my team, it's my home club, and I'm not really going to talk about what happened at Newcastle other than my friends and family are still there and Newcastle means a lot to me, but I'm at Liverpool now and that's what I've got to concentrate on".

"Coming here to Liverpool has been fantastic. The reception I got at the training ground and then last night was brilliant for us".

Carroll is currently injured, and asked when he would return to make his debut, he said: "I am working hard in the gym with the fitness guys at Melwood, and I just need to get my fitness up. When I finally come out for my debut with the No 9 on it's going to make me realise that I'm here and I'm here to stay".

"It's a thigh strain. It's going to be a few weeks and then we'll see how it is".

He was then quizzed on the following:

Steven Gerrard:
"Obviously he's a great captain, he's a leader, he brings everyone together and I'm sure I'll get along well with him".

Maturing:
"I feel I am ready. I have made the move now. I feel like I have settled down. I know what I need to do and that's concentrate on my football".

Suarez
"He showed what he can do. He got a goal and was lively around the pitch and it was great to see that".

YNWA

No comments:

Post a Comment