Facebook And Twitter Buttons

Follow EmpireOfAnfield on Twitter

Click here for a free £25 sports bet

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Ian Holloway Admires Liverpool + Video

Ian Holloway has claimed Sir Alex Ferguson had a long way to go yet before Manchester United can become greater than Liverpool FC.

The Blackpool manager has said that there is no club with a better tradition, support or atmosphere than Liverpool, and that no other team has managed to match us in terms of being a Real Football Club.

He said "I just hope that things go well for Liverpool because the tradition of that football club, the way their fans are, that song they sing at the start, that's a real football club".

He continued "I want to make Blackpool as famous, if not more famous, which is going to be impossible because even Fergie hasn't done that yet, he hasn't quite beat Liverpool yet."

Holloway then spoke for his respect of Kenny Dalglish as both a player and a manager, and added that he was looking forward to facing off against him on Wednesday night.

He said "Kenny Dalglish is a legend and I hope it goes well for him because he deserves that status in my opinion".

"I took my wife on holiday once up in Scotland and I had a lot of driving to do and I wanted her to relax and she bought me his book but in a cassette form before CDs. I stuck it in and it was just fantastic hearing his dulcet tones talking to me, telling me about his life. It was just absolutely fantastic".

"I cannot remember a player better then Kenny ever in my whole life and the epitome of it for me was to see him score the winning goal that got Liverpool the double. To be able to do that as player/manager I think was quite wonderful.

"He's a fantastic fellow who I'd like to know better but I won't get a chance because he's now working again and he'll be opposite me in the dugout - which will be another wonderful thing."

You can watch the video here:


YNWA

No comments:

Post a Comment